Barun Roy B. A. (Philosophy Hons), PGDCA, PGCAD, M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication), M.A. (History) is an Independent researcher, scholar and an author based in Darjeeling, India.
Latest posts by Barun Roy (see all)
- First-ever evidence of Bronze Age chariots found in UP - June 7, 2018
- Motiram Bhatta - May 22, 2018
- A rare glimpse in the world of Dragonflies - August 20, 2017
- Nizam of Hyderabad becomes first State to sign Subsidiary alliance introduced by Wellesley (1798)
- First graduate of an Indian University, Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
- The first Telegraph Act for India was Parliament’s Act XXXIV of 1854. When the public telegram service was first set up in 1855, the charge was fixed at one rupee for every sixteen words (including the address) for every 400 miles of transmission.
- The first locomotive was christened “multum in parvo”. She was used by the East Indian Railway Company in 1854 on its 23-mile line from Howrah to Pandua
- Warren Hastings was the first de facto Governor-General of India from 1773 to 1785